AW: [governance] hearing on Internet Governance arrangements

jlfullsack jlfullsack at wanadoo.fr
Tue May 5 17:38:51 EDT 2009

David Goldstein wrote :

<I'd suggest you are unaware of how the EU operates>

Please let Europeans comment freely on THEIR matters. I can assure you, Francis and WE know how our institutions should operate.

As for me, I 'm just back from the EP sitting and that was quite an interesting day since the morning was spent to the telecom packet debate with no less than four reports on the agenda. Once more, the MEPs of any obedience criticized the absence of the Commission since only Mrs Reding attended the sitting. As for the Council there was nobody !

Further I can assure all our list members that the MEPs or their attachés I happened to meet today are angry about the to-morrow Hearing : held in Brussels during the EP plenary session at Strasbourg it's like a provocation by the Commission, especially when one considers that ten days before there was another hearing on the same theme organized by the EP ITRE Committee. There is something going wrong among our institutions ! And it's OUR right to highlight such a misfunctioning.

For all these reasons WE are fed up to be considered as ignorants of OUR institutions by some outsiders (remember the "lessons" given by Roland Perry) . We only try to remind OUR parliamentarians the committment the EU and its members states have signed in Geneva and in Tunis, and what they have decided publicly since then. Further, we ask OUR political institutions (Commision, Parliament and Council) a minimum of respect to the CS -the actual one- and its organizations who are profoundly engaged in the WSIS follow-up process, WITHOUT ANY COMMERCIAL INTEREST, and mostly on their own expenses.

Best
Jean-Louis Fullsack