[governance] Good examples of muiltistakeholder policy development at a national level?

Tamir tisrael at cippic.ca
Wed Oct 30 12:56:02 EDT 2019

I can speak a bit to the Canadian IoT initiative.

This process was largely guided/hosted by ISOC, CIRA (our ccTLD) and
ISED, which is our industry/innovation department. The process went
really well, and the government participants definitely engaged on equal
footing.

There were also government officials, civil society reps and business
reps in the actual working groups that drove most of the work. There
too, it was definitely an equal footing exchange.

Best regards,
Tamir

On 2019-10-30 12:51 p.m., Joly MacFie wrote:
> The Canada IoT Security process, fostered by ISOC's NA Bureau,
> appeared to be a success https://iotsecurity2018.ca/
>
> Here is video of Larry Strickling's introductory
> comments https://livestream.com/internetsociety/12days08/
>
> Larry, incidentally, has left ISOC to work as Policy Director for US
> Presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg
>
>  joly
>
> On Tue, Oct 29, 2019 at 4:42 PM Ian Peter <ian.peter at ianpeter.com
> <mailto:ian.peter at ianpeter.com>> wrote:
>
>     I am interested to know of examples of nation states that might
>     have reasonable to good practices for involving civil society and
>     the private sector in internet related policy development, along
>     the lines perhaps of the ancient WSIS definition of "on an equal
>     footing".
>
>     Is anyone doing this this other than in a token fashion? A few
>     years ago we had a good example with Brazil, but a change of
>     government changed that. What are our good examples now, or don't
>     they exist?
>
>     Ian
>     ---
>     To unsubscribe: <mailto:igc-unsubscribe at lists.riseup.net

Tamir Israel
Staff Lawyer

Samuelson-Glushko Canadian Internet Policy & Public Interest Clinic (CIPPIC)
University of Ottawa | Faculty of Law | CML Section
57 Louis Pasteur Street
Ottawa | ON | K1N 6N5
☎: +1 613-562-5800 x 2914
Fax: +1 613-562-5417
PGP Key: 0x7F01E2C7
<https://cippic.ca/documents/keys/tisrael@cippic.ca-pub.txt>
PGP Fingerprint: 871C 31EC B6CC 3029 A1A1 14C4 D119 76EC 7F01 E2C7

*♺ Do you really need to print this email? / Est-ce nécessaire
d’imprimer ce courriel?*