[governance] Good examples of muiltistakeholder policy development at a national level?

Joly MacFie joly at punkcast.com
Wed Oct 30 12:51:54 EDT 2019

The Canada IoT Security process, fostered by ISOC's NA Bureau, appeared to
be a success https://iotsecurity2018.ca/

Here is video of Larry Strickling's introductory comments
https://livestream.com/internetsociety/12days08/

Larry, incidentally, has left ISOC to work as Policy Director for US
Presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg

 joly

On Tue, Oct 29, 2019 at 4:42 PM Ian Peter <ian.peter at ianpeter.com> wrote:

> I am interested to know of examples of nation states that might have
> reasonable to good practices for involving civil society and the private
> sector in internet related policy development, along the lines perhaps of
> the ancient WSIS definition of "on an equal footing".
>
> Is anyone doing this this other than in a token fashion? A few years ago
> we had a good example with Brazil, but a change of government changed that.
> What are our good examples now, or don't they exist?
>
> Ian
> ---
> To unsubscribe: <mailto:igc-unsubscribe at lists.riseup.net>

Joly MacFie  218 565 9365 Skype:punkcast