[governance] Good examples of muiltistakeholder policy development at a national level?

Ian Peter ian.peter at ianpeter.com
Wed Oct 30 17:30:30 EDT 2019

Thanks everyone who responded so far - I was interested to learn that we
do have some reasonable examples of government co-operating with civil
society and private sector in policy development: at a national level-
and to learn that cgi.br is still alive.

We can debate forever what terms like "multistakeholderism", "enhanced
co-operation", "respective roles" and "equal footing" mean, but I remain
convinced that the only path to effective cooperation on the complex
policy issues we face with the evolving internet will  be all parties
working co-operatively on policy evolution - both within national
borders, and also across these borders on a global basis.

I should mention that my questions were prompted by attending
Australia's Netthing event (https://netthing.org.au/). My impression
after that was that the government here wanted to be seen to be
co-operating with other stakeholders, but either was doing this in a
tokenistic fashion or wasn't quite sure how to go about it. So some good
examples from elsewhere might be very useful!

Ian Peter