[governance] FUD - Fear Uncertainty Doubt about the PIR Sale

Mon Dec 2 10:25:37 EST 2019

{/i apologize for starting this email, in case there is someone who will
not be glad !/}

Hi all,

FUD [a] ???

...during the same week, two consecutive days, i read this [a] for the
first time ; it was

on this mailing list. When it was address to me the email was sent on my
birthday :-)
So, thanks for those who wrote [b][c] it [a], yes i have been informed
about two thinks :

• FUD has a definition [a] : Fear Uncertainty Doubt

• My questions [d] was full of FUD.

• {i was only thinking aloud [d] in response of an assertion [e].

But i got it! i certainly went too fare, and those who were not able to

understand the view of others might now catch what MUST/SHOULD

certainly not occur. Then instead of trying to convince those who are

seeing the danger in this deal, should they ask to the dealer and the

buyer of the Public Interest Registry to co-sign (/with PIR, ISOC, ICANN //
/

/and a representative of the non-commercial Internet community/) a

*document of Public commitment* ; where they shall commit to

operate the .ORG registry (<theNew.ORG>) under, at least the same

principles used by the PIR (/see ICANN's criteria [f], which states that //
/

/the new owner of the registry should match or improve the quality of //
/

/the service/) and to *only* rise the price when there is a rise in the
cost.}

"[...]I wont engage with pure unfounded and factless information, I
would much prefer that instead of shouting at the wall, the non
commercial community actually step up and start working towards actual
concrete steps to lower the risks or to ensure compliance with the
statements from ISOC and Ethos around their plans, FUD gets us
nowhere.[...]" [2]

"[...]No, they won’t, because it won’t happen.  You’re going overboard in your
effort to create FUD.[...]" [3]

"[...]

...please tell them that they can (/even without sourcing their
affirmation/) then note that the
minority of *non-commercial* [1] Internet Community is about to be
*eliminated* by their
'well intended' *big deal*.

Why ?
...i guess that 1% of 10M (/domain names/) +=> the non-commercial [1]
world is under
the pressure of commercial world in the Internet, even in .ORG
registrations they are
still oppressed by 99% of 10M :'-(

Questions :
|1) Do you think that the non-commercial [1] world should be eliminated
to the Internet ?

|2) Which solution would you propose to the non-commercial Internet
Community
| to resist then continue to exist ?
|
|3) Do you see the FotI (/Future of the Internet/) [2] without the
non-commercial [1]
| Community ?
|
|4) How are you understanding the *vision* [3] of the InternetSociety.ORG ?
|
|5) Do you think that the *Building Trust* [4] commitment is compatible
with all
| the consequences of the sale of the Public Interest Registry (PIR) ?
{/..including: /
/| eliminating the non-commercial [1] World in the Internet/}

|6) What is you understanding of words such as inclusiveness,
multistakeholder, ... ?

__
[1]: It's a word! see criterion 4 to 7
<https://archive.icann.org/en/tlds/org/criteria.htm#6>