[governance] Pennsylvania Orphans Court could stop ISOC sale of PIR

Ayden FĂ©rdeline ayden at ferdeline.com
Mon Dec 2 04:15:32 EST 2019

Dear all,

Last Friday, ISOC CEO Andrew Sullivan was asked on a call with ISOC members who could stop/reject the sale of PIR.

Sullivan replied, "There are two. ICANN could reject the sale, or could impose conditions on it, and a court in Pennsylvania, which is called the Orphans Court, it's a long story why it's the Orphans Court as opposed to anything else, but a court in Pennsylvania also has to approve this because of changes that have to happen to PIR. PIR is incorporated in Pennsylvania, and that's the reason it's in Pennsylvania."

I am sharing this quote in case it can help in catalysing litigation efforts.

I am not a lawyer so am not sure what options we have available here. If anyone is interested in conducting further research here, to enhance understanding of the evidence available and to help inform forum choice, I'd be happy to help to the extent that I can. And I'd really like to read your analysis!

Best wishes, Ayden FĂ©rdeline