[governance] Re: "[...] to seize Iran's Internet licenses & domain name assets"

Diego Rafael Canabarro diegocanabarro at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 10:00:12 EDT 2014

A preliminary legal analysis of the ICANN response can be found here:

http://www.circleid.com/posts/20140730_icanns_ir_response_opens_legal_can_of_worms/

On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 6:56 PM, McTim <dogwallah at gmail.com> wrote:

> Press Release and legal responses can be found here:
>
> https://www.icann.org/resources/press-material/release-2014-07-30-en
>
> On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 9:22 AM, Carlos A. Afonso <ca at cafonso.ca> wrote:
> > Far, far-fetched... again!
> >
> > --c.a.

> >> Dear Abdul,
> >>
> >> The fundamental scientific issue for 125 years (since 21 Jan 1889
> >> Norwegian award to Henri Poincaré for his non-demonstration of the
> >> n-body problem) is the replacement of the Newtonian paradigm. We are
> >> therefore engaged in a mental change of the magnitude of the Copernician
> >> revolution. The problem is the problem of "locality". You probably heard
> >> about the EPR experimentation and teleportation. Some information travel
> >> faster than photons. Causes may seem to precede their effect. This
> >> problem now becomes the core of the Internet issue as it entangles with
> >> what is known as the technological singularity (not that machines will
> >> replace human, but that humans cannot stay human without machines: last
> >> time we known a singularity was with Socrates/Plato/Aristotle when they
> >> switched human behaviour from feelings (sophism) to logic (syllogism) -
> >> to day we are switching from dialectic logic to
> >> monolectic/cybernetics+polylectics/agorics and we needed the digital
> >> renormalization to scale, being limited by our brain relational capacity
> >> [Dunbar number http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunbar%27s_number
> >> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunbar's_number>]).
> >>
> >> You know that Claude Shanon has introduced entropy in information theory
> >> through the communications concept. We have the same knind of thinking
> >> to accomplish to introduce now negentropy through the intellition
> >> concept. Communications are data transported at the speed of the light.
> >> Intellition are data that are already here because they make sense.
> >>
> >> This architectonic (comprehending how things are) development
> >> dramatically enlarges the spectrum of possibilities in architectural
> >> (designing how some things should be) design. The internet architecture
> >> is documented in IEN 48 (http://www.rfc-editor.org/ien/ien48.txt). Over
> >> the years working on it helped people to better take advantage from its
> >> architectonics (it has even become a scientific discipline using the
> >> internet as a test-bed). It has become quite intricated with intelligent
> >> and stupid things.
> >>
> >> More and more, understanding the internet, net-neutrality, net-economy,
> >> the internet governance, etc. is like understanding physics, relativity,
> >> quantum-physic, energy, etc. because this is the ***same*** thing :
> >> information/communication/intellition. The confusion is the same: you
> >> have the technicians/scientifics, the politicians and the lawyers. The
> >> lawyers are people who apply the law, that the politicians enforce, that
> >> the technicians impose to all through popular machines, that science
> >> tries to discover.

> [...]

*Diego R. Canabarro*
http://lattes.cnpq.br/4980585945314597
diegocanabarro [at] *gmail.com <http://gmail.com>*
Cell # +55-11-99441470 (São Paulo) / +55-51-8108-1098 (Porto Alegre)
Skype: diegocanabarro
Social networking: diegorrcc