[governance] Interesting developments in India's cyber security policies

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Wed Jul 3 06:09:43 EDT 2013

While in any national cyber security policy one has to also watch out
for newer avenues to control/censor content, because the same
infrastructure can be used for it, on a different note, what is
noteworthy is the Minister’s insistence on need for global standards.

to quote

    "In the ultimate analysis, we have to develop global standards
    because there is no way that we can have a policy within the context
    of India which is not connected with the rest of the world because
    information knows no territorial boundaries," Mr Sibal added.  He
    said everything today is cross border, we have to corroborate to
    find what is that meeting ground which allows the citizens to be
    empowered and at the same time ensures that nation is safe."

http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/government-releases-national-cyber-security-policy-2013-386905