[governance] scope of "Internet governance" (was Re: Fwd: Why do US and EU trade negotiators hate the Berne Copyright Limitations and Exceptions?)

Suresh Ramasubramanian suresh at hserus.net
Fri Feb 22 19:02:23 EST 2013

It simply remains to be seen whether there IS a global public interest position and avoid a community level groupthink that deludes us into believing that we are the arbiters of said interest.

There is no shortage of processes where consensus is achieved in a particular community and when the (globally relevant) decision is out, there are loud protests from other stakeholder groups with diametrically opposite views.

--srs (iPad)