[governance] 3322.org seized by Microsoft from Chinese DNS service provider

Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 20:23:40 EDT 2012

On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 12:19 PM, Kerry Brown <kerry at kdbsystems.com> wrote:

> My understanding is they redirected "took control" of several subdomains
> of the second level domain 3322.org. This would make them third level
> domains. I agree that theoretically the US courts could try to compel ICANN
> to do something like this at the root level. I don't think that would
> happen for reasons both technical and political. I could very well be wrong.
>
> Kerry Brown
>
> That in itself would threaten the security and stability of the Internet. I
thought that this would be a good time to discuss the potential
ramifications of DNSfiltering and how this affects the Internet and the
ordinary end user. Circle ID on May 26, 2011 had published a paper which
was submitted to US Congress by Experts on the danger of DNS filtering,
see:
http://www.circleid.com/posts/20110525_experts_urge_congress_to_reject_proposed_dns_filtering_protect_ip/

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro aka Sala
P.O. Box 17862