[governance] 3322.org seized by Microsoft from Chinese DNS service provider

Kerry Brown kerry at kdbsystems.com
Mon Sep 24 20:19:46 EDT 2012

My understanding is they redirected "took control" of several subdomains of the second level domain 3322.org. This would make them third level domains. I agree that theoretically the US courts could try to compel ICANN to do something like this at the root level. I don't think that would happen for reasons both technical and political. I could very well be wrong.

Kerry Brown