[governance] A false consensus is broken

Paul Lehto lehto.paul at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 22:18:05 EST 2012

On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 8:40 PM, Koven Ronald <kovenronald at aol.com> wrote:

> Disagreeing with your position constitutes a "walkout" ?

It depends.  It might.  Did somebody distance themselves and break a bond
or consensus? Well, that would be a walkout - e.g., a strike is just a
disagreement involving reduced work and it can be called a "walkout."
Sometimes there's legs moving, other times not, but what has definitely
happened is that a consensus or bond of continuous work has been broken.

But, *changing one's position could even be called "running" away from
it*(by an opponent).

Running, walking - all figurative of course.  Don't you agree?

I previously said Avri walked out of this discussion after reaching her 3
message daily limit.  Nobody's called me a liar, because it's an
expression.  Even if Avri comes back here and says she never left, it
wouldn't make me a liar for saying she walked out.  At best/worst, I'm
using the term loosely.

Paul Lehto, J.D.