[governance] India's communications minister - root server misunderstanding (still...)

Riaz K Tayob riaz.tayob at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 09:16:29 EDT 2012

Bill.

I will avoid the issue of how your views are characterised. That said...

I do not think Parminder represents the entire Third World. Nor has be
made claims to that effect - but it is a particular concern coming from
some third world people and states.

What is the problem with the references Parminder has provided?

More important for me, is democracy or consensus the only route to a
legitimate viewpoint?

If we reason by way of popularity alone, then it is clear why we were
led into the "predictable" financial crisis this that led to the
financial crisis where reason and thought was a popularity contest (very
lucrative if one is a neoliberal apparently) and everyone else was a Dr
Doom. Robust engagement is cool, but not if reason is hostage...

Riaz