[governance] India's communications minister - root server misunderstanding (still...)

Riaz K Tayob riaz.tayob at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 09:27:09 EDT 2012

no reason why a process solution cannot include this as an agenda...
especially if evolutionary change is the means adopted to ensure
stability as well as political legitimacy...

Maggie Thatcher once said, TINA - there is no alternative. Many in the
South said TAHA - there are hundreds of alternatives... time to
decolonise the evolutionary imagination perhaps?

India, Brazil etc have resources if they need to assign it to functions
essential to sovereignty... if they make a proposal, then perhaps they
have an idea what it entails... it would not do to go around asking for
capabilities if the general political mood is that this will never
happen...

as a separate matter, perhaps to the lurkers on this list..

is it not amazing how people who raise CIR legitimacy issues have to
deal with double standards (perhaps I am not the only reactionary on
this list)... why not ask why is the status quo legitimate? One need not
buy into Parminder's position but to force him into a corner like this
and then to complain about tenor is simply ridiculous... perhaps your
arguments will be more convincing if more of you all gang up on him?