[governance] IGF 2012 / Call for Workshop Proposals / Deadline - April 12

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Tue Apr 17 13:00:57 EDT 2012

Dear Izumi,

Thanks for this. Just two comments, as below.

On Monday 16 April 2012 06:21 PM, Izumi AIZU wrote:
> Thanks Ginger, and you are right, so I tried the following for the Question 2.
> Your suggestions and changes are very much welcome, only three more days left.
>
> --------------
> Question 2: Please provide a concise description of the proposed workshop.
>
> IGF is now in the second phase and certain “improvements” are mandated
> by the UN Secretary General.

A small correction. The improvements were mandated by the UN GA and not
the SG.

> While some governments are calling for tighter control of the
> Internet,

This is a loaded and one-sided statement. I am not saying that you meant
it that way, but it does get used as a code phrase for a general
accusation against developing countires which is either not
well-informed and balanced or is deliberately mis-leading.  Either
remove it, or add the following to balance it (additions marked in in
bold)...

    While some governments are calling for tighter control of the Internet,*others are seeking to manage it in partisan interests through big business based or plurilateral mechanisms,*.....

Thanks, parminder