[governance] "Mapping Internet Governance" workshop (was Re: Proposed...)

Miguel Alcaine miguel.alcaine at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 12:39:51 EDT 2011

Dear All,

In my opinion, IGC may build a compendium of what maps are available, and
present to the workshop a proposal in alpha state (if I take software
versions) to continue refining such map.

In the workshop, it could be discussed the features of the map itself, its
content and its future development. I think that establishing an annual
process to update such map and make it available to the public - probably
electronically, like one does for ISO 9001, will be very useful.

Having the workshop discussing without a document, may produce good ideas on
the features of an eventual map, but could limit real progress.

I see more advantages on having a proposed map on alpha version to present
in Nairobi even if the proposed map needs to be remade from zero for 2012,
which also happens with software.

Best,

Miguel

Disclaimer
My ideas are those of my own and does not represent any position of my
employer or any other institution