[governance] enhanced consultations - further inputs

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Tue Dec 7 10:12:47 EST 2010

On Tuesday 07 December 2010 07:36 PM, Roland Perry wrote:
> In message
> <AANLkTi=m39COcAFW2fGBf=AE27QQYS8f1FC1zXj6ocL7 at mail.gmail.com>, at
> 12:47:48 on Tue, 7 Dec 2010, McTim <dogwallah at gmail.com> writes
>> If however, one prefers to keep Internet policy in the hands of the
>> networks that make up the Internet, then no, it's a mis-step.
>
> And does "one" prefer that? In any case, I was thinking more about
> public policy (political) issues than operational policy matters.

Yes, indeed a very important discussion. In fact, in our submission for
EC consultations we propose that technical policy issues and public
policy issues be discussed as two distinct tracks... Even on this list,
the number of times when one is discussing the context of Internet
related public policies and get responses that just pertain to the
context of technical operational issues/ policies is so high that it
will be good to mark emails/ discussions as belonging to one kind or the
other... If we can do something to that effect, we will be doing so much
more meaningful discussions.

Parminder