AW: AW: [governance] JPA

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Thu May 28 02:50:49 EDT 2009

On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 9:23 AM, Ian Peter <ian.peter at ianpeter.com> wrote:

<snip>

> The immediate call for comments is as regards JPA, and that is probably all
> we can address in this reply.

Agreed.  Back in the day (http://www.net-gov.org/files/co55.pdf) we
said (inter alia):

the US government should commit to ensuring the independence of ICANN
from its control by:
- terminating the MOU with ICANN in 2006

The JPA is the extension of the MoU, yes?

If so, what has changed so that we would now say;
"Don't terminate the JPA at this time"??

In other words, our stance all along has been no unilateral oversight,
correct?  Why would we now say the opposite, at least temporarily?

--
Cheers,

McTim
     governance at lists.cpsr.org