[governance] China: "we don't agree that the IGF should

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Mon May 18 15:40:08 EDT 2009

+1 Carlos. Working recently on my analysis of content regulation practices in the WEST, I can vouch for the truth of this observation:

> Brazil is a representative democracy just llike us, what are
> you doing, aligning yourself with Iran, China and so on? I now return
> the question, sadly, as Europe seems to be joining happily, step by step,
> the likes of China and Saudi Arabia regarding fundamental human rights on
> the Internet.

Privately, can you tell me more about what is going on here?

> We are right now in Brazil fighting against draconian
> bills of law which would in practice eliminate the Internet as we know
> it.

Milton Mueller
Professor, Syracuse University School of Information Studies
XS4All Professor, Delft University of Technology
Internet Governance Project:
http://internetgovernance.org

     governance at lists.cpsr.org