AW: [governance] China: "we don't agree that the IGF

JFC Morfin jefsey at jefsey.com
Sun May 17 12:23:32 EDT 2009

At 12:09 17/05/2009, Kleinwächter, Wolfgang wrote:
>Avri asks the right question. What a Plan B could be?

Wolfgang,

There is a simple test. The IDNgTLD constituency. On May 23rd, ICANN
says if they want to stay US centered or internationalized in
accepting or not that constituency.
http://gnso.icann.org/en/improvements/newco-process-en.htm

This is not what we really want (we want multilingualization), but to
answer no would mean that ICANN does not want a global Internet if it
is not US coordinated. And payed.

The opposition to the continuation of the IGF as we could read it is
nothing to do with the IGF, but to the continuation of it being paid
by ICANN. This is why some want to improve it as a G11+ICANN, and
others want to close it to protect the world from the "+ICANN".

Why did Paul Towmey resigned? He only had a chance to stay:
Internationalized Internet. No one wants it. Some want the
Internationalized Googlenet. Others want the Multilingual Internet.
Others wants a free (from US and from money) Internet (they call it a
neutral internet when they add from "technology"). May be too much to ask for.

jfc

     governance at lists.cpsr.org