[governance] RE: On the process of proposing workshop themes

jlfullsack jlfullsack at wanadoo.fr
Sun Mar 29 12:53:19 EDT 2009

Re: [governance] RE: On the process of proposing workshop themes
Dear Divina, hi all

For our French understandig list members :

Divina wrote :
" A lot of groups and entities are trying to see how the 30 articles apply or can be adapted to internet and other online media, in an ethical perspective. I can refer you to the charter by APC on the civil society side, a model in its genre, but also to UN regional meetings, in Santo Domingo or in Strasbourg."

I'm pleased to inform you that the book entitled Ethique de "la societe de l'information" (Ethics in an "Information society") is available now (see below). In its first part it reports in French on the 2007 Colloquium held in Strasbourg by the CERIME (Centre d'Etudes et de recherches interdisciplinaires sur les medias en Europe) and dealing with this topic. The second part is a researchers' analysis and point of view of the UNESCO Regional European Meeting that was also held in Strasbourg, in September 2007 and which Divina refferred to. It concludes on the necessity of "giving a new dynamic to the process" and of including some missing issues of highest importance such as Ethics in the International and UN bodies and Ethics and Financing for Development.

Best greetings
Lean-Louis Fullsack

Here are the references :

Ethique de la "societe de l'information"
Sous la direction de Jean-Louis Fullsack et Michel Mathien
Preface d'Alain Modoux
Editions Bruylant, Bruxelles (40€)