[governance] open consultations and MAG meeting

Carlos Afonso ca at rits.org.br
Mon Mar 2 11:22:44 EST 2009

Grande Ian,

McTim wrote:
> On 3/2/09, Ian Peter <ian.peter at ianpeter.com> wrote:
[...]
> What's always been confusing and a bit annoying to me is that we are
> focusing on the wrong forum for this issue.
>
> The names and numbers are done by the IANA, so if we want to make
> these "CIRs" more "international" in any way whatsoever, we need to
> discuss this in Mexico City this week, NOT in Geneva last week.
>
> Of course, if one wants to talk about it without any result, then the
> IGF is the place....if you want to get smt done, ICANN is the forum!

But then, aren't all other themes in the same situation? The point is
not that there are technical or other fora for trying to advance the
issue, but that, if we believe a change is needed, we need to bring up
the issue in every forum we are involved with -- including the IGF, even
if it resembles a tea party by old literary academicians as far as
results are concerned.

frt rgds

--c.a.

--

Carlos A. Afonso
Rede de Informações para o Terceiro Setor --- Rits

     governance at lists.cpsr.org