[governance] IGC workshops

William Drake william.drake at graduateinstitute.ch
Mon Jun 8 17:42:33 EDT 2009

MM,

On Jun 8, 2009, at 9:45 PM, Milton L Mueller wrote:

> Bill,
> the disconnect is that NN is not "part of" NGN; on the contrary NGN
> is a trend that runs counter to it. Your phrasing was confusing.

Sorry, I meant the issue of NN (preserving it) arises in the context
of the NGN transition, not that NN is a favored approach of carriers
pushing the transition, which is obviously not the case.

> There's no resistance here to "assessing the potential impacts of
> trends in the telecom industry..." on the contrary, this is why we
> proposed and offered to organize an NN panel and why IGP introduced
> NN into the global IG debate two years ago. So please, climb down
> from that hobby horse.

Uh, you kinda urged me to climb aboard with the 'Geneva-centric' bit,
shades of debates past.  So ok, now that we're done talking past each
other, do we agree it'd be useful to contextualize NN a bit more?

Cheers,

Bill