[Fwd: [governance] Workshop proposal - Internationalisation of

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 00:27:41 EDT 2009

On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 7:23 PM, Milton L Mueller <mueller at syr.edu> wrote:
> I support the basic idea of both Workshops. However, can we use a term other than "internationalization" to describe Workshop 1? To many, "internationalization" means "takeover by existing intergovernmental organizations.

I agree that we should say what we mean.  But I don't really know what
we mean, so let's be more specific.  Do we mean "We don't like that
ICANN is still under the JPA?  Dow we mean that we don't like the fact
that the USG has theoretical veto on an entry in the RZF?  Do we mean
we don't like the fact that ICANN has it's HQ in California, or do we
mean we don't like ICANN?

>Do we mean "transnationalization" or globalization" instead?

no idea.

--
Cheers,

McTim