[governance] Senate Judiciary Committee Approves Copyright Cops

Jeffrey A. Williams jwkckid1 at ix.netcom.com
Sun Sep 14 00:07:15 EDT 2008

Linda and all,

  Good thinking!

  Of course I am no fan of the RIAA or for that matter their
bastard step child, the dreadful MPAA, and they are well
aware of it!  And yet ICANN's indirect funding largely comes
from paid lobbyist of these two disgraceful organizations, indirectly.
They are the modern day equivalents of the Sheriff of Sherwood
forest and his sleazy henchmen, IMO along with their ICANN
allies, the sleazy IPC.  Yet I do fully understand that they have
ligitimate membership protection interests to attend to, of which
I, nor any of our members would hope the IGC would have
any problem with.  It is the manner in which they go about exercising
those duties and interests that I, and our members have significant
differences with, this political maneuver not withstanding.

  It is difficult for me to understand how the Judiciary committee
could have approved such legislation for full consideration.  Perhaps
it is because their PAC's and political campaigns are receiving
copious donations for their re-election bids from these organizations?
So much for principals, and years/decades of modern jurist prudence,
if so, eh?  >:(

  To borrow and slightly modify a phrase:  "Cry havoc, let loose
the dogs of political war!"

jwkckid1 at ix.netcom.com
My Phone: 214-244-4827

     governance at lists.cpsr.org