[governance] Inputs for synthesis paper

Sivasubramanian Muthusamy isolatedn at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 15:00:24 EDT 2008

Hello Norbert Klein and All,

This is a case in point. Within the existing legal structure, a "collective"
has opted for legal action. Good.

But on the Internet, WITHOUT the legal framework, with no declared list of
rights,  flash this news in a few blog posts, post it in a few mailing
lists, pick up a banner here and there and you will find whole communities
from around the world plunging into affirmative action. May be even the
Government of Japan would pay swifter attention, sooner than it takes the
legal process to send a directive to set right the disparity

That is the beauty of the Internet Model. We don't have to declare rights to
open a door for the proponents of greater control to volunteer to
concede/guarantee/arbitrate/enforce such rights that the Civil Society
declares.

Tell me who is going to concede/guarantee/arbitrate/enforce Rights before
you begin discussing rights.

Sivasubramanian Muthusamy
India

http://www.linkedin.com/in/sivasubramanianmuthusamy