[governance] Inputs for synthesis paper

Sivasubramanian Muthusamy isolatedn at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 15:04:48 EDT 2008

Hello Civil Society,

Have you noticed this?

*Tunis Agenda says in 35, the management of the Internet ... should involve
all stakeholders, but assigns the importance of stakeholders to the
convenience of governments:
*

   1.

   *Policy authority ... is the sovereign right of States. They have rights and
   responsibilities for international Internet-related public policy issues.
   *
   2.

   *The private sector ...  should continue to have, an important role ... *
   3.

   *Civil society has also played an important role on Internet matters,
   especially at community level, and should continue to play such a role. *
   4.

   *(role for intergovernmental organizations)*
   5.

   *(role for international organizations)*

If someone has to guarantee / arbitrate / enforce rights and law enforcement
happens to be the "sovereign right of States"

Sivasubramanian Muthusamy.

--
http://www.linkedin.com/in/sivasubramanianmuthusamy