[governance] Restructuring

Nnenna nne75 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 23 15:56:07 EDT 2006

How can we figure out what processes and structures we like if
there is no common vision on the future roles or tasks of the caucus?

Dear all

  It is good that finally this question has come to fore.  I think that the idea of a IGC charter is fundamental.  I would suggest we use the guidelines that have been developed by the Working Methods Caucus.

  On comon vision

  The basic understanding so far is that this caucus inputs into governance issues and facilitates the input on CS into thematic issues in the IG domain.

  Future roles

  Will IMHO include

   Maintain open discussions on IG
   Exercise oversight of MSP status of IG issues in all related domain
   Make propositions to the CS plenary in IG issues
   Coordinate global CS input into general IG debates, initiatives and activities
   Draft CS position papers on IG
   etc
  On restructuring

  It will be nice to congratulate Jeannette and Adam on the stress they have taken so far.  The consensus here is that Avri, seconded by Bill will play coordination roles.  It is easier to co-opt this idea into the charter.  II am willing to help in drafting a two-pager.

  All for now

  Nnenna