[governance] purpose of restructuring

Avri Doria avri at psg.com
Sun Apr 23 12:31:39 EDT 2006

Hi,

On 23 apr 2006, at 12.17, Jeanette Hofmann wrote:

> However, my feeling is that there is not much common unerstanding
> on what we actually want to achieve with a reorganization. This
> confuses me  a bit. How can we figure out what processes and
> structures we like if there is no common vision on the future roles
> or tasks of the caucus?

Yes, that is a really good question.  I think that this is what needs
to be captured in the chartering process, which I was conceiving of
as the most immediate goal.

I do, however, think that this discussion has already started, e.g.
with messages like yours, Bill's,  Wolfgangs's, Meryem's, Danny's and
others that have opened topics like (non exhaustive list):

  - scope of focus - igf alone of other Internet Governance mechanisms
  - diversity and consensus
  - how we make substantive decisions
  - concept of membership and/or levels of particpation
  - establishing guiding principles
  - focus and flexibilty

thanks
a.