[governance] coordinating the IGC

Avri Doria avri at psg.com
Sat Apr 22 14:13:57 EDT 2006

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion.

As I mentioned earlier, the reason I was making my suggestion was
because I thought that the IGC was in a transition state that
required re-organization.  I also indicated that I would only be
willing to take the role if there was consensus on the proposal for
ways to move ahead.

I do not believe that the status quo in the IGC is workable, and I
don't believe that the old way of picking coordinators works.  True I
was asking for consensus on a transition role in order to facilitate
reorganization but I was not asking to be chosen coordinator in the
old way of acclimation.  That is why I put forward a proposal that
required full consensus before I wouls assume the role of coordinator.

But I accept that other participants have a different viewpoint.  As
several have indicated already there is a preference for picking 2 co-
coordinators and moving forward as we have in the past,  I take that
to mean that there is not consensus on the suggestion I offered and
that there is not a strong feeling that we need to reorganize before
we can move ahead.

I accept that and might even accept Bill as an IGC coordinator in
your sort of proposal - assuming it finds consensus.  I am not,
however, interested in serving in that circumstance and decline
participation in any slate of co-cos.  I also do not think that
having a discussion between Bill and myself is the way to resolve the
identity and methods of the IGC.

At this point, I think it is important for the IGC to figure out
what, if anything, we can reach consensus on.

thanks

a.