[governance] forum size/numbers (Re: APC - Forum draft?)

Vittorio Bertola vb at bertola.eu.org
Sun Nov 13 06:54:52 EST 2005

Anriette Esterhuysen ha scritto:
> numbers are not important now  - we did not think about in that much detail
> - in general i think that the overall number of people involved in the forum
> will grown and shrink depending on working groups, activities etc.

You should IMHO keep the difference clear between issue-focused working
groups (which need to be open, bottom-up, informal, online), the main
yearly meeting (which needs to be open but might be more formal), and a
coordinating / steering process (which could be closed and very formal).

> a smaller coordinating body would be necessary...

I'm glad you say this and I agree, but I originally, when I proposed the
idea to the caucus, most key people were opposed to any kind of
"coordinating group". Glad to see the change of direction.