[governance] CIVIL SOCIETY MEDIA GUIDELINES TUNIS 2005 ATTACHMENTS]

Jeanette Hofmann jeanette at wz-berlin.de
Thu Nov 3 11:36:43 EST 2005

Hi,

>>Not necessarily. I only depends on their national delegation rules. We
>>just had a meeting with the German government, and Jeanette and
>>myself,
>>who will (among others) be in the govt delegation, can of course
>>say what
>>we want, especially to the press. The only thing we can't do is
>>speak in
>>the official CS speaking slots at the summit itself.
>

> well, if they do what i did when i did the press conference in
> Geneva, i.e. wear a second - CS badge, it should be ok.  I don't
> think they should speak for CS while wearing a gold badge.  but get
> two badges and i think it should be ok.

For the summit, just one registration is permitted. This is not a german
thing but a general summit rule as far as I know.

> I think it is laudable that the German delegation has reversed its
> position on CS participation.

It hasn't.

>>The easiest solution of course would be to just name Adam and
>>Jeanette as the two coordinators of this caucus.
>
> i think Adam and Jeanette (assuming she also has a CS badge) taking
> the 2 roles is a good idea as well.

I won't have a cs badge.

I personally don't care about who does these jobs as long as the
expertise and skills of this person enjoy some trust by other caucus
members.

What I see now is that we have differing understandings about the type
of affiliations that are ok or not ok in combination with the
spokesperson function. I thought that a wgig membership could lead to
confusion with a representation of the caucus. If nobody else sees that

jeanette