[bestbits] Joint civil society endorsements for London meeting of High-Level Panel

michael gurstein gurstein at gmail.com
Fri Nov 29 10:35:48 EST 2013

Recognizing that there were misunderstandings on many sides, I'm wondering
whether a mad dash to respond to what appears to have been an off-the-cuff
lapel-grabbed "invitation" to participate in an internal ICANN exercise in
self-importance is worth tossing away whatever credibility and legitimacy CS
has gained for the probity of its internal processes over the last 10 years.

The real issues, and they are very real indeed, will hopefully be addressed
in Brazil and I think the time and energy would/will have been better spent
putting together some legitimate, transparent and effectively accountable
nomination and policy development processes in anticipation of what will be
required from CS to be a useful and legitimate partner in those activities.

<http://gurstein.wordpress.com/2013/11/27/internet-justice-a-meme-whose-time
-has-come/>

 <http://tinyurl.com/lwuyvdk> http://tinyurl.com/lwuyvdk