[governance] Hello from your co-cos

Sheetal Kumar sheetal at gp-digital.org
Fri Oct 4 09:47:51 EDT 2019

Dear all,

Hello from your co-cos! In case you're wondering what we're up to...Bruna
and I are prioritising  the following activities over the next few weeks:

   -
*Organising the day 0 event (November 25th) at the global IGF in Berlin *
      - *Update:* There is a dedicated thread for organising the civil
      society pre-event which has been set up, and we're currently discussing
      what could be on the agenda. We'll return to you soon with some ideas for
      your feedback and the broader involvement of everyone on the list so that
      everyone can help shape the event!

   - *Setting up an appeals team*
      - *Update: *You'll be receiving an email soon from Bruna about the
      process for setting up and selecting an appeals team, and a 'Nomcom' as
      part of that. We will need volunteers so please look out for this email!

   - *Information sharing call*
      - *Update: *We were thinking of having a bi-monthly catch up call
      with everyone to share information on what's happening with IGC. In
      particular, this will be an opportunity to ask questions, check in with
      what's going on on the list and make suggestions. We wanted to
try the idea
      out at first with a call at the end of this  month. Please fill in the
      doodle: https://www.doodle.com/poll/bnza3qxdw89w8cee

Note, the doodle is timezone enabled and I am aware that the times
indicated do not work for everyone, so if you have any ideas of how we can
work around this going forward, particularly if we have these calls on a
regular basis do let us know!

   - *Technical aspects (website, list etc)*
      - *Update: *We'll be in touch next week with those who have been
      involved in running the technical aspects of IGC in the past to make sure
      everyone who has been involved is happy to continue in their current
      roles/how responsibilities can be allocated going forward.

Should you have any questions at all please don't hesitate to let us know.

Best
Bruna & Sheetal
--
*Sheetal Kumar*
Programme Lead | GLOBAL PARTNERS DIGITAL