[governance] Good examples of muiltistakeholder policy development at a national level?

Dr. Alejandro Pisanty Baruch apisan at unam.mx
Tue Nov 19 00:37:29 EST 2019

Ian,

ISOC is not constituted in a way that it has to develop multistakeholder approaches for all its processes; to begin with, it is not structured around stakeholder groups.

What counts is its track record and ongoing participation in building up multistakeholder proceses where applicable, and its experience in helping structure each of them according to purpose, membership, and resources; that record is pretty good. Long ago - a decade or so - we developed a WSIS-o-meter and the mechanisms in which ISOC has taken part in design and/or operation graded way above any other.

Let me again suggest that people look at what we now call multistakeholder processes in fields other than Internet governance for a better understanding.

Alejandro Pisanty

     Dr. Alejandro Pisanty
Facultad de Química UNAM
Av. Universidad 3000, 04510 Mexico DF Mexico

+52-1-5541444475 FROM ABROAD

+525541444475 DESDE MÉXICO SMS +525541444475
Blog: http://pisanty.blogspot.com
Unete al grupo UNAM en LinkedIn, http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/22285/4A106C0C8614
Twitter: http://twitter.com/apisanty
---->> Unete a ISOC Mexico, http://www.isoc.org