[governance] PIR Case/or the .org sell

Wed Nov 27 12:05:48 EST 2019

Hi,

Imho framing this as an either/or agenda (either we’re “practical” about
outcomes or we care about who was in the room) is not the way to go.

I think we can appreciate the call to action by Milton (and others) and at
the same time raise some critical questions about how this deal came about.

We might learn some interesting things about the latter that will support
the former. Or, to invoke an Americanism I hear (all too) often in these
debates: we can chew gum and walk at the same time.

Kind regards,

--
Corinne Cath - Speth
Ph.D. Candidate, Oxford Internet Institute & Alan Turing Institute

Web: www.oii.ox.ac.uk/people/corinne-cath
Email: ccath at turing.ac.uk & corinnecath at gmail.com
Twitter: @C_CS

Email: ccath at turing.ac.uk & corinnecath at gmail.com