[governance] PIR Case/or the .org sell

Bill Woodcock woody at pch.net
Wed Nov 27 09:35:31 EST 2019

I may surprise many by saying that I find Milton’s analysis to be the most cogent and to-the-point thus far. Outcomes are what matter, not whose idea it was or who was in the room. Milton focuses on outcomes, and I agree that do Mainers are the only ones actually hardened here, and that’s fine with me.

One very small correction though... PIR is not a wholly-owned subsidiary of ISOC (though I thought that as well up until I looked into it last week). Instead, they’re each independently incorporated as non-profits, with the ISOC board seating the PIR board. That is, the “membership” of PIR is the ISOC board.

                -Bill