[governance] Issues about ISOC and the public interest registries.

Ayden Férdeline ayden at ferdeline.com
Mon Dec 2 13:16:59 EST 2019

I do not want to be the one coming to ISOC’s defence here, however the plan - of creating an endowment, and investing it wisely - is tried and tested enough to be able to sustain ISOC’s current annual spending patterns in perpetuity. I don’t believe the intention is to grow or shrink the organization. This is not to say I necessarily think that ISOC does enough good work to justify an endowment — just that as a financial strategy, I think it is sound.

Best wishes, Ayden Férdeline