[governance] [bestbits] UN Working Group considering mechanisms for global governance of Internet fails

Suresh Ramasubramanian suresh at hserus.net
Thu Feb 1 19:17:37 EST 2018

There has always – and not just today – been a wide variety of local and regional agreements for specific governance issues, IP address numbering and such.

The belt and road is a much larger strategic initiative that should deeply worry every other Asian country other than the ones coopted into it, but it’d be interesting if the Chinese have fit internet governance issues into that effort instead of a string of roads, ports etc built using Chinese funding and enabling them to achieve geopolitical dominance in the region.