[governance] RootsAction and UN prohibits nuclear weapons

willi uebelherr willi.uebelherr at riseup.net
Tue Jul 11 18:27:17 EDT 2017

Am 11/7/2017 um 17:05 schrieb Fred Baker:
> On Jul 11, 2017, at 12:47 PM, willi uebelherr <willi.uebelherr at riseup.net> wrote:
>> 2) The United Nations Prohibits Nuclear Weapons
>
> As you note, nuclear weapons are a fundamental issue. That said, I'm not sure we know for sure who has them, and the countries that we know or believe have them aren't likely to abandon them without a mutual and verifiable (by them) stand-down by countries they don't trust. Think India/Pakistan, Israel/Iran, US/China/North Korea/Russia, and so on.
>
> What do you think the probability is of North Korea abandoning ICBM capabilities to strike the US? If you think it is greater than zero, say why?

Dear Fred,

yes, you wrote about balance. I answer, never North Korea have the
interest to attack or destroy USA. Her interest is her self defense. And
North Korea is the only state with nuclear weapons that sign this
declaration.

The same for me in the balance is with Russia and China.

A big difference we see with USA and Israel. They think about to use her
nuclear weapons for a first-attack.

But here i speak more about, that we, the people of this terrible world,
don't have any interest for military violence against people in other
regions. We here have the interst for a world in peace and free cooperation.

Therefore, i say, we can act together with all other people against
nuclear weapons on this planet.

My personal proposals goes more behind. We have two task on this planet:
1) dissolve all military and paramilitary structures and her infrastructures
2) reforestate all dry regions on our planet.

For this we need our cooperation. And for this we need our free
telecommunication. I hope, in the form of an InterNet. Therefore, all
initiatives on this way, every activity, have a high value.

many greetings, willi
Asuncion, Paraguay