[governance] Multistakeholderism and Mr. Trump

bzs at theworld.com bzs at theworld.com
Wed Feb 1 16:48:42 EST 2017

It's a nonsensical argument. Even if Obama did issue something with
some parallels the context, intent, and effect are everything.

Trump has acted in a penumbra of seemingly nonsensical xenophobic
policy goals.

For example, his White House Press Secretary, Sean Spicer, defended
this EO yesterday in a daily press briefing by citing the recent
attack on a mosque in Montreal which was an attack on Muslims by a
white supremacist. And in Canada for that matter though I suppose in
his mind some sort of bizarre extrapolation is justified, what that is
only a mental health professional could speculate.

It is often difficult for me to sift through the word salad thought
processes this administration exhibits.

And Spicer thought it was reasonable that a 5 year old boy was
handcuffed and detained for hours at Dulles airport and he was in fact
a security risk so justified. The boy is a US citizen, his mother who
lives in Maryland is Iranian. As someone asked what sort of handcuffs
does one even use on a 5 year old boy? Perhaps that's all we're left
with to ponder.

On another current topic here I worry that our Cameroon ISOC
spokesperson, given events, may not be speaking freely or safely so
would read his statements with that in mind. We just don't know.

Of course that might be true of Sean Spicer also, to tie the thoughts
together.

--
        -Barry Shein