[governance] Expiration of my role as co-coordinator - Report and next steps

Analia Aspis analia.aspis at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 12:24:58 EST 2017

Dear list,

As you may know, on January 2017 expired my role as IGC co-coordinator.
This means that from now, I do not have any responsiblity or tasks to
follow under such role. The current Coordinator, Arsene Tungali will very
soon send a call to the list to request self-nominations for those you may
wish to have the experience of this lovely and challenging task. After the
closure for such call and after receiving the self-nominations along with
their expression of interest to become co-coordinator of the IGC for the
2017-2019 period, a votation link will be provided to vote.
Besides the election process that will be run by Arsene, you will be
shortly as well be informed by him, on the technical changes that will be
implemented, since we have been informed that by 1st March 2017, the
enterprise that worked with IGC for the past 7 years, has decided to end
their business, which means that all the information related to IGC should
be backed up and migrate to a new plattform, which I think and knowing how
Arsene works, it would be definetively fresh and very professional.

Despite this quick report on how it will be handled this technical and
administrative issues, I would love to thank all of you for your patiente,
good vibes and help over this past 2 years. I have learn a lot and better
understood how challenging it can be an international network where I tried
my best, to enhance the values of respect, inclusion and diversity. Of
course this could not have been done without the help of my two
co-coordinators, Deidre and Arsene, from which I have not only learned at
lot but achived a great team work. Now with Arsene and the new person who
will take the lead, a new phase starts, with a lot of opportinitues and
visions.

Again, thanks a lot for your participation and work, see you anytime,
anywhere,
Regards,
AnalĂ­a Aspis
IGC- former co-coordinator