[governance] Fwd: [cameroon_politics] Biya in Full Offensive: Dethrones Miss Cameroon for Being Sympathetic to Anglophone Plight

Nyangkwe Agien Aaron nyangkweagien at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 07:11:24 EST 2017

Subject: [cameroon_politics] Biya in Full Offensive: Dethrones Miss
Cameroon for Being Sympathetic to Anglophone Plight
To: "cameroon_politics at yahoogroups.com" <cameroon_politics at yahoogroups.com>

Miss Cameroon Dethrone For Voicing Anglophone Support
January 31, 2017January 31, 2017
<http://bareta.press/miss-cameroon-dethrone-voicing-anglophone-support/>
baramarkofficial <http://bareta.press/author/baramarkofficial/>

The civil disobedience from Southern Cameroonians has reached its height.
The government of Paul Biya has decided to engaged in a full-fledged war
against people from Southern Cameroons. Citizens are abducted daily as they
voice out opinions on the current crisis, media houses are being shut down
or warned and threatened. Journalists are arrested and threatened to state
mute. Internet connection across the entire country remains mute.

The struggle took another turn this past weekend when Miss Cameroon Julie
Frankline Cheugue was stripped of her crown. We gathered that the beauty
queen had earlier been accused of supporting the strike action by
professional groups of the English speaking regions. Cheugue had reportedly
called on the Government of Cameroon to listen to the worries of the
Anglophones. Instead, she was stripped off her crown.

Speaking to Miss Cameroon she said she had learned about her dismissal only
through the social media. She says she will not accept this sanction, since
she had been elected by the Cameroonians.

“I am not in a political party. I am simply doing what a Miss is supposed
to do. Concerning the Northwest and the Southwest: We are a united country
and peace is everything. That is my only advice,” Cheugue said.

However, Miss Solange Ingrid Amougou, the President of the committee that
organizes the Miss Cameroon election, said that Cheugue’s dismissal had
come about because of insubordination and gross indiscipline. “As a model,
she is supposed to promote the image of our country. She is not there to
create disorder. She is not there to practice politics, because we are an
apolitical organization,” Amougou said.

BaretaNews denounces this position from the organizing committee. Voicing
concerns about a marginalised people is not politics. It is about standing
for humanity. The Cameroons people stand and support Miss Cameroon for
supporting people from West Cameroon.

__._,_.___
------------------------------
Posted by: Martin Tumasang <tumasangm at hotmail.com>
------------------------------
• Reply to sender
<tumasangm at hotmail.com?subject=Re%3A%20Biya%20in%20Full%20Offensive%3A%20Dethrones%20Miss%20Cameroon%20for%20Being%20Sympathetic%20to%20Anglophone%20Plight>
• Reply to group
<cameroon_politics at yahoogroups.com?subject=Re%3A%20Biya%20in%20Full%20Offensive%3A%20Dethrones%20Miss%20Cameroon%20for%20Being%20Sympathetic%20to%20Anglophone%20Plight>
• Start a New Topic
<https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/cameroon_politics/conversations/newtopic;_ylc=X3oDMTJmazVydWFiBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzI0NzgyNTM1BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTExMDI2OARzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNudHBjBHN0aW1lAzE0ODU4NzczOTI->
• Messages in this topic
<https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/cameroon_politics/conversations/topics/169419;_ylc=X3oDMTM5Y3V0aHZmBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzI0NzgyNTM1BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTExMDI2OARtc2dJZAMxNjk0MTkEc2VjA2Z0cgRzbGsDdnRwYwRzdGltZQMxNDg1ODc3MzkyBHRwY0lkAzE2OTQxOQ-->
(1)
   1

[image: Yahoo! Groups]
<https://groups.yahoo.com/neo;_ylc=X3oDMTJlbW43djNtBF9TAzk3NDc2NTkwBGdycElkAzI0NzgyNTM1BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTExMDI2OARzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNnZnAEc3RpbWUDMTQ4NTg3NzM5Mw-->