[governance] Towards true remote participation (was Re: Next IGF in Geneva? How about Berlin?)

Norbert Bollow nb at bollow.ch
Tue Dec 20 11:02:03 EST 2016

On Sun, 18 Dec 2016 22:31:44 +0200
Arsène Tungali <arsenebaguma at gmail.com> wrote:

> Do we need to create a specific DC for this? If yes, then this may
> bring at one place all those who are passionate about this and those
> who have worked on it in the past.
>
> Do we stick on the DC on Accessibility? If yes, then we will need to
> strenghen the work they have been up to so far and emphasis more on
> the remote participation aspect of their general work on
> accessibility.

I would suggest that this should depend to a large extent on whether
the DC on Accessibility wants to focus on the aspects of technical
accessibility, i.e. ensuring that the remote participation technology
that is used meets a high standard of accessibility to persons with
disabilities, or whether they are interested in taking a more holistic
perspective on remote participation that would include ensuring that
all important aspects of the social and political processes that take
place at IGFs are well-accessible to remote participants.

Maybe someone from the DC on Accessibility is here and can give a
perspective on this?

Greetings,
Norbert