[governance] Despite Renewal, the IGF is still on life support

Renata Aquino Ribeiro raquino at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 08:11:22 EST 2016

Hi

Indeed a working group to work build the bridge to CSTD was proposed this
year but never came to truly take form.

There is good amount of energy towards year-long work, greater strength,
and other such concepts.

Coming down to numbers: 14 folks only in the CS group is too little if
there is really a belief of year-long work. We've seen a number of good
candidates through IGC only step forward, should there really be only 1
chosen?

But, yes, governmental and intergovernmental representations are very
important, very present, and could have a greater input.

Some of the work which many participated in this year was largely driven by
Gov MAG, such as new session formats, some DCs and BPFs.

During the meeting w/ ASG Lea brought the need for a more organized CS
process. Most of the folks agree on coordinated processes.

But I guess to do it, volunteers are needed for the intersessionals and the
working groups.

Best,

Renata