[governance] The decentralization of the DNS system

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 13:27:52 EDT 2015

On Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 10:13 AM, Jean-Christophe NOTHIAS I The Global
Journal <jc.nothias at theglobaljournal.net> wrote:
> Suresh,
>
> I am glad that you and McTim get so excited about proving whatever you want
> to prove but nobody is talking about a theglobaljournal.ngo.

That is correct, in this case, I simply pointed out that the domain
name used by you to send and receive mail wasn't a .net  "Open Root"
domain.

This will not
> happen, as the Global Journal is a media and not an NGO. The .ngo that I am
> talking about is not the profitable business PIR

It has not yet become profitable.

 has invented to monetize
> its dot org database with NGOs,

.ngo/.ong has zero to do with the .org database, they are separate zonefiles.

 as well as trying to become a "judge" for
> which entity is or isn't an ngo. I am convinced that PIR marketing director
> is well aware of its sale objective when thinking of PIR's new milky TLD. So
> it is very unfortunate that PIR is playing such a game with the non profit
> sector and NGOs. What is the legitimacy of PIR, and based on which
> methodology or criteria can PIR/ISOC/ICANN can establish/certify when an NGO
> is an NGO and when it isn't an NGO?

http://globalngo.org/discover/eligibility/

 Will PIR make a difference between an
> NGO and a BINGO (such as PIR) - BINGO is for Business NGO.

see above eligibility requirements

--
Cheers,

McTim