[governance] Managing the Internet in the Public Interest

Mawaki Chango kichango at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 18:40:32 EST 2015

On Fri, Feb 27, 2015 at 2:52 PM, Seth Johnson <seth.p.johnson at gmail.com>
wrote:

> It's best not to take a stance of disavowing economic wrangling.  Most
> of the time it's just about what premises people are bringing in, that
> are baked into their reasoning from the outset.  It's like anything
> else: just find the premises, present them and address them.

Exactly! This has always been my "agonistic" philosophy. Rather than to be
right at all cost, seek to understand where the disagreement comes from.
And as you say, it mostly lies in where we start from: the postulates or
the premises. Second to the pleasure of the mind at discovering a new idea
that works is, in my view, the one at discovering why we disagree via where
the disagreement originates from. At that point I am happy to disagree, as
that doesn't require from me to try and convince anyone that their premises
are false -- their truth-ness (or true-hood) is not exclusionary, only
people's preferences are.

I was just passing by, from the sidewalk.
mc.