[governance] .WINE .VIN - who's business is it ?

JFC Morfin jefsey at jefsey.com
Sun May 25 22:50:48 EDT 2014

At 20:23 24/05/2014, Mawaki Chango wrote:
>However, while it's true that we've clearly seen other cases of
>unwarranted USG interference in ICANN's decision-making processes
>(eg, .xxx), this correspondence doesn't look to me either like one of them.

Mawaki,

As you say everyone can write to ICANN. I do not because they shown
it was no worth: they do not care about @large users they have not
sworn into their community, and they are not interested in an MS
decision process which would include technical users. We, IUsers (and
@large), have invested enough in attempting loyally for years and in
vain to open an MS dialog with ICANN.

So, when the USG writes to ICANN, we know it only means that they
want to show how ICANN is important to their constrained
*inter-States* MS decision process. I do not know if Russia, India,
China, etc, and other States will take it seriously. Not my cup of tea.

But through this USG meddling, we can only observe and accept that:

1. the USG demanded MS process does not implies we are on an MS
political equal footing with the Edge Business Providers, Naming
Industry, Addressing  Maharadjahs, IG Punddits, and States .

2. the USG's rationale is not an MS approach that would consider the
users interests and/or wishes. What it considers are the"legal
instruments" (i.e.  Congress law and ICANN contracts).

Hence, as a Digital Coalition for a Fail-Safe Plan For our Nets, we
can only call for, and work toward, a multitude's VGNSO (Vitrtual
Global Network Support Organization) that will, as every other RFC
6852 "Global Community", produce and adopt our own IANA standards and
parameters, "regardless of their formal status", in an MS coopetition
with the other RFC 6852 "Global Communities" that represents their
vision of the WSIS enhanced cooperation.

In proceeding that way, we feel we comply with:
- the way the USG shows they want us to proceed,
- what apparently ICANN expects from us.
- the IETF, IAB, ISOC, IEEE, W3C modern paradigm
- the way the Internet has been designed to best innovate.
- our best common interest.

Any one wanting to join or include our MS proceedings is welcome.
jfc