[governance] Just Net Coalition contribution on Principles for Netmundial.br

Norbert Bollow nb at bollow.ch
Thu Mar 6 10:48:04 EST 2014

Norbert Bollow <nb at bollow.ch> wrote:
> Suresh Ramasubramanian <suresh at hserus.net> wrote:
>
> > Hi Norbert, it would help if a list of the current signatories to
> > this document (you, Indian NGOs ..) could be appended to the
> > document.
>
> At the current stage what we have is a consensus decision to form the
> "Just Net Coalition" and a consensus decision to submit this document,
> but we haven't completed the process of working out the Terms of
> Reference or Charter (or whatever it'll get called) of Just Net
> Coalition nor of figuring out the coalition's precise initial
> composition (in the sense of who are organisational members and who
> are individual members).
>
> But I absolutely agree, this needs to be sorted out ASAP, so that a
> “list of the current signatories” can indeed be appended.

In the meantime, here (attached) is the list of participants in the
meeting of 14/15 Feb where much of the development work for this
document took place, and where the end product of the work done there
(which is almost identical to the version which has now been published)
was approved by unanimous acclamation. There were others who wanted to
be there but could not come, but still participated in online
discussions around and about the meeting, including for developing the
“principles” submission to the NetMundial meeting (as well as an
“institutional roadmap” contribution, which will come out soon).

The meeting was organised by Third World Network, ActionAid, WWW
Foundation, Free Software Law Centre, Free Software Movement of India,
Knowledge Commons and IT for Change. Some of these organisers provided
funds for the meeting as well. The rest of the funds came from NIXI,
the Internet Exchange of India. The latter had no role in organising the
event.

Greetings,
Norbert