[governance] Re: "[...] to seize Iran's Internet licenses & domain name assets"

JFC Morfin jefsey at jefsey.com
Mon Jun 30 08:56:09 EDT 2014

At 04:09 29/06/2014, Abdul Jaleel Shittu wrote:
>Who is wagging cyber war against who? The big Boss has
>unquestionable right to do anything as he likes. This development is
>not a good omen to the aspiration Internet Governance, this
>judgement is justifying the moves by some countries to have
>alternative www, where mutual respects prevail.

Dear Abdul,

The fundamental scientific issue for 125 years (since 21 Jan 1889
Norwegian award to Henri Poincaré for his non-demonstration of the
n-body problem) is the replacement of the Newtonian paradigm. We are
therefore engaged in a mental change of the magnitude of the
Copernician revolution. The problem is the problem of "locality". You
probably heard about the EPR experimentation and teleportation. Some
information travel faster than photons. Causes may seem to precede
their effect. This problem now becomes the core of the Internet issue
as it entangles with what is known as the technological singularity
(not that machines will replace human, but that humans cannot stay
human without machines: last time we known a singularity was with
Socrates/Plato/Aristotle when they switched human behaviour from
feelings (sophism) to logic (syllogism) - to day we are switching
from dialectic logic to monolectic/cybernetics+polylectics/agorics
and we needed the digital renormalization to scale, being limited by
our brain relational capacity [Dunbar number
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunbar%27s_number]).

You know that Claude Shanon has introduced entropy in information
theory through the communications concept. We have the same knind of
thinking to accomplish to introduce now negentropy through the
intellition concept. Communications are data transported at the speed
of the light. Intellition are data that are already here because they
make sense.

This architectonic (comprehending how things are) development
dramatically enlarges the spectrum of possibilities in architectural
(designing how some things should be) design. The internet
architecture is documented in IEN 48
(http://www.rfc-editor.org/ien/ien48.txt). Over the years working on
it helped people to better take advantage from its architectonics (it
has even become a scientific discipline using the internet as a
test-bed). It has become quite intricated with intelligent and stupid things.

More and more, understanding the internet, net-neutrality,
net-economy, the internet governance, etc. is like understanding
physics, relativity, quantum-physic, energy, etc. because this is the
***same*** thing : information/communication/intellition. The
confusion is the same: you have the technicians/scientifics, the
politicians and the lawyers. The lawyers are people who apply the
law, that the politicians enforce, that the technicians impose to all
through popular machines, that science tries to discover.

Things would be easier and go faster the other way round, but this is
the way the world does the things: along the money's increasing flow
against the common sense's one.

Lawyers are talking about a legal unique authoritative root.
Politicials are protecting an US unique authoritative root.
Technicians have developed a technology to support billions of unique
authoritative roots. Scientists know that unique authoritative roots
are  neither legalized, neither built, but observed and massaged by
each user for his/her own home use. The king is naked. But since he
is the king he can lie and say otherwise.

The .ir issue is a legal joke which alarms and makes lawyers,
possibly politicians, sqawking. It only shows that lawyers did not
even designed their contractual network to protect the world from
this kind of technical absurdity due to a legal/political lack of
consideration. We did not trust the politicians, we know now why we
can distrust the lawyers. Why would I waste time and money with an
unfinished system, at guessing, worrying and developping contingency
plans due to such nasty attacks with unforeseable results and delays.

Who can we then trust?

Not the technicians anymore. They explained it last year (IEEE, ISOC,
IAB, IERF, W3C): they themselves trust the maket's economics, i.e.
the mechants (however they do not say how): this is the RFC 6852
about the "modern normative paradigm". The acknowledgment of the
"local/global" problem at the RFC process level.

This is why "moves by some countries to have alternative www, where
mutual respects prevail" is the way out. Not only at country, region,
language, city, village, trade, etc but at individual level. This is
what the WSIS has unanimously wished: a people centered digitality.
Don't worry. There is a unique authoritative sky, but it is not
decided by the (SOS) Scientific Observatory System. Believe me: you
do not need ICANN to know where the stars are ....

jfc